It is a well-known fact that video marketing is crucial for the success of any business. When compared with the traditional marketing techniques of 20 years ago, marketing practices of today have changed drastically with the growth of the digital world. To grasp how much value video marketing can provide for your business leading into 2020, here are 25 marketing statistics that you just can’t ignore.
Return on investment: In a 2019 survey conducted by DemandMetric, it was found that content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing methods. For every dollar spent, three times the amount of leads are generated when compared to traditional marketing.
Consumers have control: 86% of consumers skip TV adverts, 44% ignore direct mail and 91% of email users unsubscribe from company emails. This means that it is important to provide value in your content and give your customers a reason to stay engaged.
Content is an asset: Content has become a large commodity to businesses. In fact, 92% of marketers reported that their company views content as a business asset.
Authenticity wins: Consumers are getting smarter and smarter by the day, meaning that they realise they’re being sold something very quickly. 91% of consumers are prepared to award brands for their authenticity in their approach.
Keep videos short: As opposed to written content, it is key that video content remains on the shorter end of the spectrum. 58% of users stop watching a video after the first 90 seconds. Short and sweet is the way to go.
Content platforms: There are many content platforms in the market but none have been able to triumph over the size of YouTube. 83% of consumers use YouTube as their leading source of video content (followed by Facebook at 67%).
Video is the new norm: In 2019 alone, 87% of businesses use video as a marketing tool. This has risen by 6% from 2018 at 81%. Video content is still on an incline and is vital to any businesses marketing plan.
Keep consumers on your website: In a survey conducted by Wyzowl it was found that 80% of businesses report that there is an increase in activity on their website if it has video content imbedded on the home page.
Boost your sales: Branded social media advertisements will help you increase sales of your product. In fact, 64% of viewers are likely to buy a product online after watching branded social media videos.
Outsource your video content creation: For time saving and cost efficiencies, you can outsource your content creation to other businesses. 49% of B2C marketers outsource their content creation. There are many services out there that can help you. Check out: fileroom, UpWork and Fiverr to name a few.
11. Struggling with click rates: If you embed videos into your emails you will increase your clickthrough rate by 300% according to reports.
12. Timing: It is important that you understand when to launch and push your video marketing campaigns. 56% of consumers watch video content in the evening, compared to 33% in the morning and 41% on release.
13. Meanings: Many people are driven towards a piece of content if it has some sort of emotional comment that comes with it. In fact, 29% of men and 23% of women will comment on a video if driven by emotion.
14. Shrinking costs: Video content is also becoming cheaper and cheaper by the year. 41% of content marketers reported that shrinking production costs led to more video being produced in 2018.
15. Eyes on you: 65% of decision makers visit a marketers website after viewing a brand oriented video.
16. More audience than ever: Globally in 2019, there are just over 2.38 billion active users on Facebook every month. This means that you have more than enough eyes to see the content that you put out.
17. Versatility and reusability: Content can be amazingly reusable and adaptable. 60% of marketers reuse and repurpose content between two and five times.
18. Viewing experiences: It was found that if a consumer has a negative viewing experience of your content on mobile, they are 39% less likely to watch another video from your brand again.
19. Video is King: The usage of video by marketers has increased more than written and image content since 2018.
20. Building Trust: Video content allows you to build trust with your consumers. 96% of marketers say audiences view their company as a trusted resource when it comes to published videos.
21. Achieving authenticity: 45% of consumers report that authoritative content causes a brand video to feel more authentic.
22. Invest in Facebook Ads: 62% of marketers plan to increase their investments in Facebook marketing in the next year, while just 4% plan to decrease.
23. Video marketing is profitable: 88% of video marketers are satisfied with the ROI of their video marketing on social media.
24. Provide value to your customers through your video content. 72% of people would rather learn about products and services by video than text.
25. Video Is captivating: 95% of viewers are more likely to remember a call to action after watching a video.